Last updated November 11, 2016
- Competition is open only to paid-up members.
- Competition is grouped into five categories:
- Prints – Nature
- Prints – Hand of Man
- Projected – Nature
- Projected – Hand of Man
- Projected – Creative/Imaginative
- In the print category only, if there are less than three images in either category, all prints will be judged together
- Entries will be evaluated by a guest judge.
- Entries may receive a maximum of 30 points. The top images in each group (plus ties), as determined by the number of points awarded, will compete in the Year-End competition, based on the number of entries as described below:
- 3-5 entries: one will advance, plus any ties
- 6-10 entries: two will advance, plus any ties
- 11-15 entries: three will advance, plus any ties
- More than 16 entries: four will advance, plus any ties
- After an image has qualified for Year-End competition in any division, the image may not be entered in future monthly competitions.
- An image entered in a monthly competition that did not qualify for Year-End competition may be resubmitted only once more in a future competition.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant; software post-processing must be done by the entrant but printing need not be done by the entrant.
- The Club’s “competition year” runs September through June of the following calendar year.
- Record Keeping: The Competition committee will maintain a record for each member and include titles of entries, awards won, and total points accumulated. This will be used to determine the entries eligible for Year-End competition.
- Print entries that were advanced in any monthly competition must be resubmitted for the Year-End competition to the Competition chair at the June competition meeting.
- Digital entries that were advanced in any monthly competition, from September to April, will be kept by the competition chair and used for judging.
- There can be a first round of judging by three club members held offsite to winnow the list down to a reasonable number.
- The final round of judging is done during a regular group meeting by an outside judge.