Submission Guidelines for Competition and Critiques
The following guidelines apply to both competitions and/or critiques.
1. For Competitions, members may submit up to three entries per competition event, but no more than two projected images. Only the first 60 image files received will be shown in the competition.
2. For Critiques, members may submit up to two entries per critique. “Before” and “After” renditions of the images of each critique entry are preferred, but not required.
3. Members must be present for entries to be shown, judged, or critiqued.
4. Members’ entries must be their current work; that is, images must have been taken within 18 months of the date of competition.
5. For Creative Competition Entries, the image must have been processed in the last 18 months.
6. Members must submit images without signatures or logos. If an image, projected or printed, is submitted with any distinguishing marks, such as a signature or logo, that image will be returned to the photographer to have the signature or logo removed. If a print image is submitted with a signature or logo, that image will not be eligible for that night’s competition and will be withdrawn.
7. Images scoring high enough during a regular competition to be eligible for the year end “Best of the Best” competition, will also be highlighted on the club’s website. It is the responsibility for the photographer to supply a logo’d image, if desired. Otherwise, the submitted images used for the competition will also be used for the club’s website.
8. For competitions, on the evening of the event, the member will pay the entry fee of $1 for each digital or print image entered. This should be paid 15 minutes before the competition is to begin. There is no entry fee for critiques.
9. For competitions, all categories must have a minimum of 2 (two) members entered and a minimum of 5 (five) entries.
10. Digital images and JPGs of print entries must be emailed to the person indicated on our Program Calendar web page by noon on the day of the competition/critique. (Check the event’s announcement for any changes to this requirement.)
11. Projected images should have a minimum dimension either horizontally or vertically of 1920 pixels. (Larger dimensions are preferred.) Images should be saved at the best quality available (JPG quality 12 for images processed with Adobe products). Images should be submitted as “sRGB” color space. Images not meeting these criteria will either be resized by the competition committee or returned to the photographer for resizing. Projected images will be shown through PowerPoint.
• Images must be submitted as an “attachment” via email and NOT as an “enclosure.” (If submitting from a Mac computer, do not submit via AppleMail.) If the file is too large for emailing, contact the image receiver for alternate submission options.
• Image file titles must follow a consistent naming convention using member first initial run in with the member’s last name, the initial of the category (H[and]/N[ature]/C[reative]/P[rint]), underscore CCT, underscore and a short text image title, using an underscore between items. JDoe_CCT_N_Geese in Flight
• Prints must be submitted with the entry fee paid to the Competition committee no later than 6:45 PM on the night of the competition.
• Prints must list on the back upper-left hand corner in this order:
o The title
o The name of the member
• Print and mount size requirements:
o Minimum print size: 10 x 15 or 11 x 14
o Maximum print size: 16″ x 20″ including mount and mat
o All prints must be matted or mounted. job application letter writing source site avro arrow cancellation essay checker nila levitra coupon primary homework help co uk victorians industrial revolution/25/ source link donde comprar cialis con garantia essay on ethics and values https://sugarpinedrivein.com/treatment/man-dies-after-12-hour-viagra-fueled/10/ importance of cialis best essay editing websites usa book analysis essay format https://themusicuniverse.com/music/informative-speech-help/45/ https://explorationproject.org/annotated/assignment-not-allowed-to-composite-field/80/ pct steroids clomid enter get link british taxes dbq essay https://www.nationalautismcenter.org/letter/nursing-thesis-ideas/26/ source islam africa thesis https://medpsychmd.com/nurse/cytotec-online-pharmacy/63/ how long to viagra essay about our modern world source url go to link dissertation proquest https://vabf.org/reading/thesis-on-feminism-in-english-literature/250/ cheap descriptive essay ghostwriters websites for masters enter site writing paper online enter site Prints may not be framed.
o Mounted metal prints meeting the minimum print size outlined above are also acceptable.
o Maximum overall thickness of submission is 3/8th inch.
Member Portfolio Description
A member portfolio is a group of images to be projected ( 20 images maximum) that reflect some common theme/subject that may be of interest to members. The image theme is totally of your choice and could be of a special place/event you’ve experienced, a special subject/hobby, demonstrating some new process/software technique, etc, etc. The images should be presented in a specific order of member choice and be open for informal discussion/questions, but not necessarily critique as we do in our Critique programs. The member should be prepared to verbally discuss/explain his/her images as they are presented.
Members are to bring their images to the meeting on a USB flash drive at least 20 minutes ahead of time so the projectionist can load them into the computer. Images should be labeled designating order of presentation, CCT, your name, and subject. Example: “01_CCT_JSmith_hummingbirds”, 02_CCT_JSmith_hummingbirds”, etc, etc. The rule that images must have been shot within 18 mo. of current date does not apply.