Last Updated March 31, 2017
The following guidelines apply to both competitions and/or critiques.
- For Competitions, members may submit up to three entries per competition event, but no more than two projected images. Only the first 60 image files received will be shown in the competition.
- For Critiques, members may submit up to two entries per critique. Before and after images of each critique entry are appreciated, but not required.
- Members must be present for entries to be shown and judged/discussed.
- Members’ entries must be their current work; that is, images must have been taken within 18 months of the date of competition.
- For competitions, on the evening of the event, the member will pay the entry fee of $1 for each digital or print image entered. There is no entry fee for critiques.
- For competitions, all categories must have a minimum of 2 (two) members entered and a minimum of 5 (five) entries.
- Digital images and JPGs of print entries must be emailed to the person indicated on our Program Calendar web page by noon on the day of the competition/critique
- Projected images should have a minimum dimension either horizontally or vertically of 1440 pixels. (Larger dimensions are preferred.) Images should be saved at the best quality available (JPG quality 12 for images processed with Adobe products). Images not meeting these criteria will either be resized by the competition committee or returned to the photographer for resizing. Projected images will be shown through PowerPoint.
- Images must be submitted as an “attachment” via email and NOT as an “enclosure.” (If submitting from a Mac computer, do not submit via AppleMail.) If the file is too large for emailing, contact the image receiver for alternate submission options
- Image file titles must follow a consistent convention using member first initial run in with the member’s name, the initial of the category (H[and]/N[ature]/C[reative]/P[rint]), CCT, and a short text image title, using an underscore between items.Sample: JDoe_CCT_N_Geese in Flight
- Prints must be submitted with the entry fee paid to the Competition committee no later than 6:45 PM on the night of the competition.
- Prints must list on the back upper-left hand corner in this order:
- The title
- The name of the member
- Print and mount size requirements:
- Minimum print size: 10 x 15 or 11 x 14
- Maximum print size: 16″ x 20″ including mount and mat
- All prints must be mounted and can be matted. Prints may not be framed.